Stay and Play Forest School
Join us for a stay and play session at our beautiful Woodland Trust site!
Douglas Tree Forest School runs stay and play sessions for children age 2-7 years every Saturday. We offer a morning session 9:30-11:30 and an afternoon session 12:30-14:30.
Sessions can be booked as a one off or in multiples. We have many parents that visit us weekly and fortnightly, which has meant we have developed a lovely community feel, with lots of the children forming new friendships.
Each week the forest school sessions have a number of structured activities or games on offer. There are also resources that children can access during each session, allowing them the opportunity to revisit ideas and build upon their learning experiences.
Head to our Bookings page to book your place!
Sessions can be booked using our online booking system found on our bookings page.
Call Claire on 07539347811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book and pay for sessions via bank.
What happens during a session?
During the forest school sessions children will be immersed into nature as they explore through free play and structured activities. We encourage children to use their senses whilst they unknowingly develop their confidence, resilience and creativity.
– Free Play
– Adult led games / activities.
– Access to our resources and tools.
– Staff trained in the forest school approach, who are on hand to support and scaffold children’s experience.
– We finish every session around the fire circle with a tasty treat, such as toasted marshmallows.
– Hot & cold drinks on offer for children and adults.
– Fresh fruit for children if in need of a snack.
All that for the same price as two cinnamon & cream lattes at a well known coffeehouse!